Afrikaans Thinking Tools eCourses for teachers
20 SACE CPTD points
All Thinking Tools eCourses are led by Dr Cas Olivier
Teacher eCourses consists of 6 x 3-hour sessions. The first session addresses Great Teaching principles which are prerequisites to become a Thinking Tools teacher.
Sessions 2, 3 and 4 attends to Thinking Tools teaching. During the last two sessions intertwine the Great Teaching and Thinking Tools skills.
Thinking Tools is a brain-based approach to learning aimed to empower learners to master the curriculum. This approach differs from traditional teaching which aims to transfer textbook content into learners’ brains. It is common knowledge that this approach fails to deliver the anticipated results.
The Thinking Tools approach is a creative and accelerated approach to learning which is opposed to the traditional curriculum-based approach which ignores the abilities of the brain.
Thinking Tools empower learners with meta-cognitive skills which empower them to become self-regulated learners.
The content of the course is easy to grasp because it is stripped from traditional old school beliefs. (WYSIWYG)
The course exposes the reasons why knowledge cannot be transferred from one brain to another and why a teacher cannot teach more than one learner. The answers to this reveals a paradigm which empowers Thinking Tools teachers to easily cover the curriculum while their weaker learners are first to demonstrate improved rapport card marks.
The following eCourse is currently available:
Primary school Intermediate Grade 4 to 6 eCourse. This course addresses all subjects including maths.
Listen to Danel Krynauw feedback on teaching students to count is 6s. (Afrikaans)
This is Annelize Croucamp on natural science. (Afrikaans)
The cost of the course is R800 per teacher. Discount when more than one teacher enrols.
The course fee for teacher students studying at any university is R500
The following eCourses are in the pipeline:
Foundational Phase – grades 1 tot 3 (Grondslagfase – graad 1 tot 3)
High school Maths – grades 8 to 12. (Hoërskool wiskunde – graad 8 tot 12)
High school all subjects except maths – grade 8 to 12 (Hoërskool alle vakke behalwe wiskunde)
Grondslag fase lees en taalvaardighede. Die eKursus is bedoen vir graad 1 tot 3 onderwysers en mammas. Die kursus fokus op skoolgereedheid, leer lees en skryf, woordsoorte, begripstoets en skryf van paragrawe en opstelle.
All eCourse are online, interactive and extremely easy and simple to follow – much like a smartphone. Interactive means you become an online participant in all the discussions and can control the process.
Teachers receive a Thinking Tools competency certificate.
WhatsApp Cas Olivier 0832592857
The course content
- How we think changes the teaching and learning landscape.
- How Thinking Tools impact on classroom communication.
- How thinking styles guide and enhance group dynamics.
- The Critical Thinking Toolkit = the mothership of all thinking.
- Surface and deep thinking gears.
- Analyze, synthesize and evaluate.
- De Bono + 1 Thinking Hats.
- Thinking maps that speak brain language.
- The five Thinking Methods that replace traditional teacher centered teaching.
- Bloom’s Taxonomy turnaround in 3D view.
- Clever Learning Activities.
- The five Thinking Methods that replace traditional teacher centered teaching
- Hide and seek.
- Formative assessment GPS with a WOW.
- Monitor learners with a formative assessment GPS.
- The MacGyver Toolkit to keep abreast of your learners’ progress without them knowing how.
- Potential development.
- A Thinking Tools teaching plan