Thinking Tools courses for teachers
Join the brain-based approach towards learning. This approach empowers learners to master the curriculum themselves.
Yes, learners take lead in self-regulated ways which is only possible when learners have access to their inborn Thinking Tools which they use to design their own learning strategies.
Weaker learners are the first to achieve better.
Learners become motivated to learn and disciplinary problems decrease.
This is opposed to the traditional curriculum-based approach to teaching which ignores the abilities of the brain.
This course caters for teachers teaching any curriculum and caters for all grades and subjects.
Guarantee: If a teacher does not learn more in this course about teaching and learning than during their university teacher training, there is a refund of 10x the course fee.
To enrol for an interactive, own time self-paced eCourse in Afrikaans click HERE
To enrol for an interactive, own time self-paced eCourse in English click HERE
There are special rates for groups which is Thinking Tools’ endeavour to make thinking skills more accessible and affordable.
The course content
- How we think changes the teaching and learning landscape.
- How Thinking Tools impact on classroom communication.
- How thinking styles guide and enhance group dynamics.
- The Critical Thinking Toolkit = the mothership of all thinking.
- Surface and deep thinking gears.
- Analyze and synthesize.
- De Bono + 1 Thinking Hats.
- Thinking maps that speak brain language.
- Bloom’s Taxonomy turnaround in 3D view.
- Clever Learning Activities.
- The five Thinking Methods that replace traditional teacher centered teaching
- Hide and seek.
- Formative assessment GPS with a WOW.
- Monitor learners with a formative assessment GPS.
- The MacGyver Toolkit to keep abreast of your learners’ progress without them knowing how.
- Potential development.
- The teaching plan.
Thinking Tools courses for grade 4 to 12 learners
The purpose of the eCourses is to avail critical thinking skills as affordable as possible to schools, parents and their children.
eCourses are Zoom-video recordings which are hosted on an interactive platform and therefor eCourse participants become 3rd party interactive role-players.
The purpose of the Thinking Tools in to enable children to become independent thinkers who are able to manage their own learning by means of the Thinking tools.
Thinking Tools prepare your child for the world of work!
During each grade’s Thinking Tools course learners master ALL their subjects including comprehension tests, essays and prescribed books where applicable.
A full 3-hour session is spent on maths for the specific grade.
As during the recorded eCourse, the ‘parent’ and child works together on one computer.
The price of the first course bought is R500 e.g. Grade 4. The cost of the next course is then R400. The price of all subsequent courses are the R300 per course.
By referring parents to buy eCourses you could gain R100 discount on next eCourse.
The duration of the Grade 4 course is 5 x 3-hours = 15 hours. The durations of grade 5 to 12 courses are 4 x 3-hours.
Each grade’s course addresses the same set of inborn Thinking Tools at different cognitive levels.
What differs most throughout the courses is the maths.
There is no need to buy each grade’s Thinking Tools course.
A course can be viewed a many times as needed.
This is a free preview where we are busy configuring the learner’ inborn Thinking Tools (Afrikaans).
WhatsApp Cas Olivier 0832592857 to enrol your child.
Grade 1 to 3 Mommy sessions
3 x 3-hour sessions at a total cost of R600 per parent.
Our children are born with Thinking Tools, therefor never too early to start exploring them.
- How the child’s brain works.
- How to capitalize on the strengths of the brain instead of the weaknesses as in traditional education.
- How to set your child ‘inner clock’ (chronosenor) which is needed to detect patterns in maths, even in simple maths such as counting in 2’s, reading a clock, etc.
- How setting of the chornosensor contributes towards reading and writing.
- How to read and write the Thinking Tools sound-based way. This pushes through to writing sentences, essays and answering a comprehension test.
- How to enrich language using the Dendrite Bubble Map.
All of the above is done in understandable ways.
Maximum of 8 parents per group.
To secure your seats on a course, WhatsApp Cas Olivier 0832592857
Dates are set to suit each parent.
Thinking Tools courses for university students
3 x 3-hour sessions
Any year, any field of study.
Learning is a social event, therefor students are trained in groups.
For each group a WhatsApp group is established to secure dates and times that suit all participants.
To secure your seat on a course, use the WhatsApp icon in the lower left corner to directly speak to Cas Olivier.
- Costs: R300 per session = R900 per student
For more detail on the courses in Afrikaans, click HERE
For more detail on the courses in English, click HERE
Contact us for information on a custom-made Thinking Tools program for Corporates
Client during November 2020 on Thinking Tools and problem-solving: Rio Tinto riotinto.com
This programme is specifically developed for individuals who want to improve their Thinking Skills to improve their thinking on a personal, business and professional level.