This page is about Thinking Tools courses in Afrikaans
All Thinking Tools courses are led by Dr Cas Olivier
Become a Thinking Tools teacher and receive 20 SACE CPTD points.
This pre-recorded (Zoom) Thinking Tools course is easy to follow and provides a real presence interactive touch and feel. It is LEARNING-ON-THE-GO.
The course contains no boring lecturing and PowerPoint slides.
During the course you will receive support from Cas Olivier. After completion you can also enroll on free Zoom discussion groups with other Thinking Tools teachers. There are groups for languages, natural science, maths, etc.
To look at a FREE preview of the Thinking Tools course for teachers in Afrikaans click HERE
There is a variety of pricing options
- The price for ONE (1) teacher is R920 (save R280) on the contact Zoom course. To enroll, scroll down to the icon below and do a payment. You will receive your coupon code per email. The coupon code with instructions will provide you easy access to the course.
- The price for TWO (2) teachers is R862.50 per teacher = R1365 (save R337,50 per teacher). WhatsApp Cas Olivier to arrange payment for the two teachers. You will receive two coupon codes for two computers.
- The price for THREE (3) teachers is R828 per teacher = R2484 (save R372 per teacher). WhatsApp Cas Olivier to arrange the payment for the three teachers. You will receive three coupon codes for three computers.
- The price for a school enrolling 10 – 15 teachers, the cost is R805 per teacher. (Save R395 per teacher). WhatsApp Cas Olivier to arrange the payment for the number of teachers. You will receive a coupon code for the number of computers.
- For a school enrolling 16 to 20 teachers, the cost is R747,50 per teacher. (Save R452,50 per teacher) WhatsApp Cas Olivier to arrange the payment for the number of teachers. You will receive a coupon code for the number of computers.
- For a school enrolling more than 21 and more teachers, the cost is R690 per teacher. (Save R510) per teacher)WhatsApp Cas Olivier to arrange the payment for the number of teachers. You will receive a coupon code for the number of computers.
- For an invoice, WhatsApp Cas Olivier 0832592857 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The course content
- How we think changes the teaching and learning landscape.
- How Thinking Tools impact on classroom communication.
- How thinking styles guide and enhance group dynamics.
- The Critical Thinking Toolkit = the mothership of all thinking.
- Surface and deep thinking gears.
- Analyze and synthesize.
- De Bono + 1 Thinking Hats.
- Thinking maps that speak brain language.
- Bloom’s Taxonomy turnaround in 3D view.
- Clever Learning Activities.
- The five Thinking Methods that replace traditional teacher centered teaching
- Hide and seek.
- Formative assessment GPS with a WOW.
- Monitor learners with a formative assessment GPS.
- The MacGyver Toolkit to keep abreast of your learners’ progress without them knowing how.
- Potential development.
- The teaching plan.
High school Thinking Tools lesson planning in Afrikaans
These math’s video contain lesson planning discussions on how to engage learners with Thinking Tools. The following are addressed:
- How to write and easy to achieve good marks.
- Prescribed books: How to enable learners to master any prescribed book.
- How to successfully do a comprension test,
High school Thinking Tools sessions in Afrikaans with Learners
This video contains an analytical geometry (analitiese meetkunde) class Grade 10
Primary school Thinking Tools lesson planning in Afrikaans
This video is recorded for math’s teachers. It contains lesson planning discussions on how to engage learners with Thinking Tools.
Primary school Thinking Tools sessions with learners in Afrikaans
This video contains a lesson on long division sums, multiplication and word sums (Grade 5)